Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All apps, music, and playlists are now missing

All of my apps, playlists, and music are now missing from iTunes. The iTunes songs I purchased are also missing and have icons showing they are available from download from the cloud. I'm logged into the Apple ID I've been using all along. I have not upgraded to the newest iTunes yet--my program is the version from just before the recent upgrade. I have not made any changes to the program or my computer in a while, so I'm not sure what caused everything to disappear. The music is still in my iTunes folder where it has always been but it doesn't show up on iTunes. Has anyone else had this problem happen recently? I'd appreciate any help to fix it.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 1:58 PM

5 replies

Mar 28, 2014 7:09 PM in response to turingtest2

Yep, did a computer-wide search for both .itl and .tmp files, still no joy.

I looked at some of the other related threads and found a suggestion for getting the old library off a connected device, is that something that could be done manually? I synched my iPod really recently (like a day ago), so everything on there is current. But I am (I think understandably) extremely wary about hooking it up to my laptop due to the possibility of the new version of iTunes wiping the iPod clean. I did check the "don't synch automatically" box but I'd still feel a lot safer if there was a way to transfer things manually, i.e. without having iTunes open at the time.

Also finding some way to prevent this from happening again would be awfully nice. I've been using iTunes for ages and this is the first year I've had issues, but really there's not a lot of incentive to stick with a program if it's going to break itself every time it runs an automatic update.

All apps, music, and playlists are now missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.