Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cost to update pages 09

Thought I saw a dialoge box to update pages'09. Is one avalable?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 5:13 PM

5 replies

Mar 28, 2014 5:18 PM in response to kazoojoe

Probably your tag is wrong, you are not on Mac OSX (10.6.8) and are on Mac OSX (10.9.2), and were being pushed to upgrade to Pages 5.

You would be wise not to upgrade as Apple has removed over 100 features from Pages 5, introduced a lrage number of bugs and it alters/destroys older Pages files it 'updates':

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=ee5fc3ebf6908 5d8d3f063bf0f579827&mforum=iworktipsntrick

Peter

Mar 29, 2014 9:05 PM in response to kazoojoe

Apparently I hit a button and I upgraded without my knowing it to 5. But when I touch pages in bar it shows pages 09. In app folder it opens to 5.1. Should I pull the 09 from bar put in trash and place 5.1 on bar? Some seem to say dont upgrade?

Thanks for your quick response and I apologize for being slow answering you.

Mar 29, 2014 9:08 PM in response to kazoojoe

You have 2 versions of Pages on your Mac.

Pages 5 is in your Applications folder.

Pages '09/'08 is in your Applications/iWork folder.

You are alternately opening the wrong versions.

Pages '09/'08 can not open Pages 5 files and you will get the warning that you need a newer version.

Pages 5/5.01 can not open Pages 5.1 files and you will get the warning that you need a newer version.

Pages 5.1 sometimes can not open its own files and you will get the warning that you need a newer version.

Pages 5 can open Pages '09 files but may damage/alter them. It can not open Pages '08 files at all.

Once opened and saved in Pages 5 the Pages '09 files can not be opened in Pages '09.

Anything that is saved to iCloud is also converted to Pages 5 files.

All Pages files no matter what version and incompatibility have the same extension .pages.

Pages 5 files are now only compatible with themselves on a very restricted set of hardware, software and Operating Systems and will not transfer correctly on any other server software than iCloud.

Apple has not only managed to confuse all its users, but also itself.

Note: Apple has removed over 100 features from Pages 5 and added many bugs:

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=3527487677f0c 6fa05b6297cd00f8eb9&mforum=iworktipsntrick

Archive/trash Pages 5, after exporting all Pages 5 files to Pages '09 or Word .docx, and rate/review it in the App Store, then get back to work.

Peter

cost to update pages 09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.