Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot transfer my iTunes library to my new nano....

Is there a way to transfer my music and audiobooks from my iTunes library to my new refurbished 7th generation nano without using my computer( which my kid is using and she's far away for months)? I am currently using an ipad3,iPad mini,iphone5.

iPod nano (7th generation)

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 5:31 PM

No. iPods (except for iPod touch) are synced using iTunes on a computer (Windows PC or Mac).

4 replies

Mar 28, 2014 6:24 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

Thanks so much for your reply KENICHI! As I mentioned in my question above, I am unable to access my computer for a few months, so I can obviously use a friends computer to log on to iTunes and download my library. CAN I make an appointment at the apple store (located right across the street from me) and get an employee to help me access my iTunes library on one of apples own computers and download my content. I have purchased all my music, books, videos etc from the iTunes Store and ALL CONTENT IS LEGAL AND PURCHASED FROM APPLE.. have nothing in my library that WAS downloaded off the net or copied from ANother sources. this would be so much easier then calling around and asking to borrow a computer from a friend...

Mar 28, 2014 6:45 PM in response to michelle241

You have an Apple Store across the street, how convenient... I think you should just walk over and ask.

NOTE: Your iTunes library exists on your computer. Unless you subscribe to Apple's iTunes Match service (which matches or uploads your library's songs and playlists into iCloud), you cannot use another computer and access your library.

However, you can download previous purchases from the iTunes Store (at no cost) into a different iTunes library (not your library), and then set up the iPod to sync to that library, or set it to Manually manage music and videos, and manually load the songs (and other content) to your iPod. The manual method may be better in this case, since you won't be accessing that computer's iTunes library again.

To do this, go to the iTunes Store Home screen. Sign in using your Apple ID (the one you used to make the purchases). Click Purchased under QUICK LINKS. On the Purchased screen, you can find and download previous purchases. It may not be available for audiobook purchases.

After the iPod has the content, you should probably delete everything you downloaded in the computer's iTunes library.

I cannot transfer my iTunes library to my new nano....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.