Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hey, I am using logic 9 and recently got a Roland tr-8. I've been recording using USB connection, yet the recording will only play when the tr-8 is connected to the computer, meaning when the device is disconnected and I play back audio there is no sound

Hey, I am using logic 9 and recently got a Roland tr-8. I've been recording using USB connection, yet the recording will only play when the tr-8 is connected to the computer, meaning when the device is disconnected and I play back audio there is no sound. Any suggestions as to how to get this to play without being connected would be much appreciated.

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 6:09 PM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2014 6:19 PM in response to Lexrobinson

I suspect this is because you are recording midi which is being sent back to the TR 8 as midi.... so you hear it playback..

When you unplug the TR8 then of course there is nothing for the midi being sent, to play so no Audio..

What you need to do is record the audio output of the TR8 to an Audio track.... and to do that you probably need an audio interface which you connect to the two audio outs of your TR8...

Hey, I am using logic 9 and recently got a Roland tr-8. I've been recording using USB connection, yet the recording will only play when the tr-8 is connected to the computer, meaning when the device is disconnected and I play back audio there is no sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.