Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is an IOS devise, What does IOS mean?

What does IOS mean?

What is an IOS devise?

How do I save the Questions?

Windows 8

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 9:27 PM

Hi gramma,

An iOS device is an iPhone, iPod, or iPad. They are called iOS devices because the operating system that runs on them, and upon which everything that they do is built, is called the iOS operating system.

The "i" is a recognized Apple brand used for all iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod), the OS part means Operating System.

You can save your questions by clicking on the "Bookmark This" option in the right-hand box on the upper right of this screen.

Then, later, if you want to find it again, you would click on the "Your Stuff" option at the very top of the screen, and then select Bookmarks.

Cheers,

GB

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2014 9:27 PM in response to gramma014

Hi gramma,

An iOS device is an iPhone, iPod, or iPad. They are called iOS devices because the operating system that runs on them, and upon which everything that they do is built, is called the iOS operating system.

The "i" is a recognized Apple brand used for all iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod), the OS part means Operating System.

You can save your questions by clicking on the "Bookmark This" option in the right-hand box on the upper right of this screen.

Then, later, if you want to find it again, you would click on the "Your Stuff" option at the very top of the screen, and then select Bookmarks.

Cheers,

GB

What is an IOS devise, What does IOS mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.