Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Never been delivered iMessage recoverable?

I was told that someone sent me a message via iMessage a month ago, and it had all the contact information I really need to retrieve, but since I had my iMessage OFF, I never received this message (not even as a txt). I have a suspicion that iMessages are delivered to apple ID accounts even when my device is not set to receive iMessages. Is there a way to recover this month ago text I never received??

Thank you.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 11:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 2:17 PM

Hi,

No.

The iMessages server do what is Called a "push" of the iMessages towards all devices that are "registered" with the iMessages server.

It will do this for a few days only (I have personal experience of picking up iMessages on a Sunday evening on my Mac having has a conversation on my iPhone on the Previous Friday (about 48 hours) It may be a long enough period to handle a whole week end but I have no experience to prove that.)

An iPhone that is Airplane Mode or Off completely for a period will "de-register" from the iMessages server as will a Mac.

On an iOS device you can quickly enter the Settings and see when the iPhone Number becomes Verified again.

This is a little more difficult to see on the Mac as a support app called IMAgent does a partial Sign In to "Listen" for new messages before you launch the app.

User uploaded file

9:17 pm Saturday; March 29, 2014

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2014 2:17 PM in response to Rachelyjk

Hi,

No.

The iMessages server do what is Called a "push" of the iMessages towards all devices that are "registered" with the iMessages server.

It will do this for a few days only (I have personal experience of picking up iMessages on a Sunday evening on my Mac having has a conversation on my iPhone on the Previous Friday (about 48 hours) It may be a long enough period to handle a whole week end but I have no experience to prove that.)

An iPhone that is Airplane Mode or Off completely for a period will "de-register" from the iMessages server as will a Mac.

On an iOS device you can quickly enter the Settings and see when the iPhone Number becomes Verified again.

This is a little more difficult to see on the Mac as a support app called IMAgent does a partial Sign In to "Listen" for new messages before you launch the app.

User uploaded file

9:17 pm Saturday; March 29, 2014

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Never been delivered iMessage recoverable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.