Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad display is green?

My elderly neighbor has an older-model iPad (not sure which version) that the display turned a sort of iridescent garish green. I don't know if she dropped it or exactly what happened.

Photos, etc. are completely screwed up as to color -- neon green where there should be white, pink where there should be shadows, etc.

Nothing else seems to be wrong with it. I transferred the photos to my laptop and they were fine. The email works and stuff on her iBook and Kindle are fairly readable.

So does anyone have an idea what kind of a problem is this? Is it repairable, and if so, would it make sense to get it fixed or be so expensive that she might as well buy a new one?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 10:59 PM

There are no replies.

iPad display is green?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.