Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

css bug only on safari browser

hi i'm developer, i want to ask for bug only in saffari browser, why when i'm working on css position absolute of child tag does'nt work if also his parent has position absolution. this is a big bug and need to fix in this browser.

saffari browser

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 2:26 AM

simple example

html code

<div>

<p></p>

</div>

css code

div { position: absolute; }

p { position: absolute; }

p element will not be showen in display or will not be showen correctly, only on saffari this is happening,

should safari fix this problem or can someone tell me any solution

8 replies

Mar 29, 2014 9:53 PM in response to r_kazak

this is just one simple example here, to tell that is not working properly, because i can't writte my fully problem what i'm coding, but i will give you an example here.

open this link http://premiumlayers.com/demos/onepager/ and go to portfolio posts, see in chrome or any other browser and also in safari , hover effect problem you will see in saffari

Mar 30, 2014 10:47 AM in response to webdevelop88

Hi,

I visited your example web page with safari 7.0.3, latest webkit Nightly build, Chrome, and Firefox I see the page and behaviors as the same in all four browsers.

The page loads, I see the 3 'banner' panels, and I see the 'Learn More' box, which switches between rectangle and rhombus on hovering over it.

The 'Learn More' box is viewable for two of the sliding panels and not so in the third. The arrows indicating the direction also displays display an effect while hovering over them.

I do not see the 'portfolio posts'. Is that under the 'Learn More' effect ?

Maybe you can try with a Nightly WebKit build?

Mar 30, 2014 5:07 PM in response to webdevelop88

webdevelop88 wrote:

it's so strange for me why only in saffari should be this mistake in 7700 other css lines, why in others is working

Welcome to web development. This is a natural and completely predictable outcome from having too much complexity.

Also, my count of 8000 lines of CSS was wrong. I only counted those files that reported CSS errors due to your IE hacks. What you are attempting is drop-dead simple. It simply does not need 11644 lines of CCS, 13000 lines of Javascript, and all of Google Maps.

css bug only on safari browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.