Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error -609

User uploaded file

This keeps appearing when I try to get the 'Get Album Art' Working. I don't understand what's wrong. I rebooted itunes many times, re-entered Apple ID, re-opened iTunes. Nothing works. Help?

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 2:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 3:45 AM

"Error -609"

This alert might occur when you try to get album artwork for songs in your library. To resolve this:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Click Store > Sign Out (this will sign you out of the your iTunes Store account).
  3. Quit iTunes.
  4. Reopen iTunes.
  5. Click Store > Sign In and then sign in to your iTunes Store account.
  6. Try to select the songs and choose Advanced > Get Album Artwork again.

If this does not resolve the issue, disable third-party services and startup items by booting the computer to a selective startup. Then, follow steps in iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues to rule out security software as a cause.

This is an excerpt from this:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3297?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2014 3:45 AM in response to Mrskeptical

"Error -609"

This alert might occur when you try to get album artwork for songs in your library. To resolve this:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Click Store > Sign Out (this will sign you out of the your iTunes Store account).
  3. Quit iTunes.
  4. Reopen iTunes.
  5. Click Store > Sign In and then sign in to your iTunes Store account.
  6. Try to select the songs and choose Advanced > Get Album Artwork again.

If this does not resolve the issue, disable third-party services and startup items by booting the computer to a selective startup. Then, follow steps in iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues to rule out security software as a cause.

This is an excerpt from this:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3297?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Error -609

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.