Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got a "pop up" while using my ipod 4th gen saying that the camera was hacked.

While I was using a reddit app on my ipod I got a "pop-up" (not sure what else to call them, but it looked like the pop-up you get when you get an imessage or something else ipod related) saying that my ipod camera has been hacked and that the hacker now has access to my photos, camera, etc. It said to click the "ok" button at the bottom to update your camera to fix the problem, which I did, but nothing happened. When I got back on the app later there was another pop-up similar to that one asking if I wanted to open the link using the reddit app (not sure if it was part of the hacking pop-up or something else, so I didn't open it). I've never seen something like this happen before and when I tried to google the problem I didn't find anything! My ipod isn't jailbroken and no one but me has had access to it. Has anyone else had this happen before? Do you think it was legitimate? What do I do to fix it?

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 6:43 AM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2014 7:48 AM in response to Neko8908

I would not be concerned with you iPod being comprised.since that really can' be done on a non-jailbroken iPod. I suspect it was a popup associated with Reddit. Someone is trying to get you to do something via social engineering. Apple wold not allow you to "update" the Apple camera app.

I would go to Reddit support and see if it has been reported by other

I got a "pop up" while using my ipod 4th gen saying that the camera was hacked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.