Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad air is taking FOREVER to charge?

My iPad was charging perfectly about two days ago and then all of a sudden it started taking AGES to charge. At first I thought it wasn't charging at all, then I realized that it was just taking SO long. The little charging symbol does not show up on the top of the screen but if I put it off, it does turn back on when I plug it in. I've tried restarting my iPad, changing chargers, airplane mode while charging, and pretty much anything else I could find on the internet. Last night I left it OFF while it was charging so it would charge faster, it went from 3% to 30%. So obviously it DOES charge but it took 9 HOURS for it to egg up 27%. This is getting really annoying and I've been needing it for school. I've also been I able to update it because the charge is too low. Any reason why or quick fixes?!

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 6:49 AM

Presumably you are using the charger and cable that came with your iPad Air? If you are using a computer charging can be very slow.

There is a chance that either your charging cable has gone bad or your charger is failing. If you have access to another cable and 12W charger try those. Also make sure that you do not have a loose connection to your house outlet.

If the charger or cable is bad they are covered by a one year warranty.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2014 6:49 AM in response to arrifowler

Presumably you are using the charger and cable that came with your iPad Air? If you are using a computer charging can be very slow.

There is a chance that either your charging cable has gone bad or your charger is failing. If you have access to another cable and 12W charger try those. Also make sure that you do not have a loose connection to your house outlet.

If the charger or cable is bad they are covered by a one year warranty.

Mar 29, 2014 7:50 AM in response to arrifowler

Here are a few things that may interfere with charging.

1. Bad charger. Are you using the original Apple charger that came with the device? Try a different Apple charger.

2. Bad cable. Try a different cable and be sure it is an Apple or certified name brand cable.

3. Dirt, fuzz, or lint in the connection port. Check and carefully clean with a wooden toothpick if necessary.

4. Software glitch. Reset your device. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart.

5. Hardware failure. Make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support.

My iPad air is taking FOREVER to charge?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.