Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to resolve sharing issue

I have an AEBS, 3 MPB's, a MacMini, an iMac20, and an iMac27 all are running Mavericks 10.9.2.

All have File, Printer, and Screen Sharing turned on, but I can't seem to get to connect via "Share Screen" or "Connect As" when I select the computer name in Finder.

I receive the message -

There was a problem connecting to the server “imac-f44ed8”.

The server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection, and then try again.

I have tried to connect using every user name that has been created on the machine that I'm attempting to connect to.

The server name is kind of strange. I have named the computer that I'm attempting to connect to as "Apple iMac - New - Kitchen".

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

TIA

Jim P.

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 5:54 AM

5 replies

May 17, 2014 5:52 AM in response to christhelawman

My problem is that when I select "Connect As" I receive the following error.

++++++++++++++++

There was a problem connecting to the server “imac-f44ed8”.

The server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection, and then try again.

++++++++++++++++

I'm never allowed to enter a user name and password.

My user account on the machine that I'm connecting "from" is an Admin, and I have an Admin account on the machine that I'm trying to connect "to" that has the same user name and password (identical spelling and case).

How to resolve sharing issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.