Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

could i change my rescue email address?? its one i no longer use :(

how do i change my rescue email address?? its one i no longer use and i dont recall the password either

im trying to access my account and i have updated all the other details like my address, my alternate emails and it was only since my last month that ipad and mini began to ask for verification when i have never had a problem with anything since like 2006 or 2007

pls help bcoz i couldnt remember my details ugh 😟 i feel so old

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 7:04 AM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2014 7:08 AM in response to angerrrrr

If you can't remember your answers then you will need to contact Support in your country to get the questions reset - you won't be able to change the address until you can answer them.

Contacting Apple about account security : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5699

When they've been reset you can then use the steps half-way down the HT5312 page that you posted from to update your rescue email address for potential future use :

1. Navigate to My Apple ID using your web browser.
  2. Click "Manage your account"
  3. When prompted, sign in using your Apple ID and password.
  4. Click Password & Security
  5. You'll be asked to answer 2 of your 3 security questions before you can make any modifications. If you are unable to remember your answers, you can choose to send an email to your rescue email to reset your security questions.
  6. After you've validated your identity by correctly answering your security questions, click Editto the right of your rescue email address.
  7. Once you've finished editing your rescue email address, click the Savebutton directly below the email field.

could i change my rescue email address?? its one i no longer use :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.