Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos from iPad (1'st Generation) not getting imported in iPhoto 11

I have iPhoto 11 installed on my macbook pro (10.9). When I connect my iPhone 4 then I am able to import all photos via iPhoto 11 but when I connect my iPad (1'st Generation) to macbook then iPhoto 11 do starts but only shows just "Saved Photos" album in iPhoto 11.

The "Saved Photos" has only 1 photo in it but bulk (800+ pics and videos) of the stuff is parked in 4 albums on iPad which is not getting imported/shown-up in iPhoto 11

Can anybody suggest how to import photos and videos from iPad to my macbook via iPhoto 11.

The macbook also has iTunes but since I haven't sync my iPad1 even once with iTunes so I am not sure if I sync photos from iPad1 via iTunes then will it copy both ways i.e. iPad to iTunes and iTunes to iPad or will overwrite stuff in iPad1 with what it has in iTunes. 😕

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 7:42 AM

4 replies

Mar 29, 2014 11:35 AM in response to Ishwar Jindal

How did the photos/videos get on your iPad ? If they were originally synced from a computer then iPhoto won't see them and won't be able to copy them back (neither will Aperture or Image Capture). To copy back synced photos you will need a third-party app such as Simple Transfer on your iPad which can copy them off via your wifi network. But as photos are 'optimised' when they are synced to the iPad, any that you then copy back to a computer may not be exactly the same as they originally were on your computer.

Syncing is one way, from computer to device.

Mar 29, 2014 7:34 PM in response to King_Penguin

Hi King_Penguin,

Earlier I had a Windows XP and iPhone4. So photos taken from iPhone4 were copied to Windows XP machine using iTunes and then iTunes syncs these photos to iPad.

Now that Windows XP is no more and instead now I have a new Windows 7 machine and my Macbook. I didn't copied the photos from Windows XP to some external storage medium before dismantling that windows XP machine.

So the only location where these pics and videos are available now is my iPad (1'st Generation).

WIll a new copy of iTunes on Windows 7 be able to copy the pics and videos from this iPad?

Any suggestion?

Mar 30, 2014 12:33 AM in response to Ishwar Jindal

iTunes doesn't copy photos back from a device, it only syncs photos to the device.

As the photos/videos were synced from a computer you will need an app on your iPad, such as the Simple Transfer app I mentioned in my above post, to copy them from your iPad to your computer - but what you copy back will be 'optimised' versions, so they may not look exactly the same as on they did on your old computer (e.g. colours may look different, their sizes/resolution may be different).

If the photos/videos had been taken with the iPad, copied to it via the camera connection kit, or saved from emails/websites then you would have been able to use the windows camera wizard to copy them to your computer - but that doesn't work for synced photos.

Photos from iPad (1'st Generation) not getting imported in iPhoto 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.