Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with iCloud ID not switching to new Apple Id

I changed my apple id months ago, but I can not get my icloud id to change with it. I've gone into the store in my settings, signed out and back in, which did reset my apple id. However, my icloud id is still the old id and will not allow me to upgrade my icloud storage plan because when I sign in its with my old id. It won't allow me to press/click on it to change it, it's grayed out. I also went into my icloud.com on my computer and it states my apple id is my updated email address. How else can I change the icloud ID? I realize you sign into your icloud with your apple ID. But when I go into storage settings on my phone to upgrade my storage plan, it won't allow me to confirm by signing in because it's using my old icloud id?

Please help. I need to upgrade my storage asap for my new job.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 10:17 AM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2014 11:01 AM in response to kristenhoneycutt

If your phone is signed into your old ID in Settings>iCloud, to change the ID you need to delete the account, provide the password when prompted, then sign back in with your current ID. if your password is not accepted and your old ID is a previous version of your current ID, go to https://appleid.apple.com, click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your current iCloud ID. Click edit next to the primary email account, change it back to your old email address and save the change. Then edit the name of the account to change it back to your old email address. You can now use your current password to turn off Find My iPhone on your device, even though it prompts you for the password for your old account ID. Then go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account and choose Delete from My iDevice when prompted (your iCloud data will still be in iCloud). Next, go back to https://appleid.apple.com and change your primary email address and iCloud ID name back to the way it was. Now you can go to Settings>iCloud and sign in with your current iCloud ID and password.

Trouble with iCloud ID not switching to new Apple Id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.