Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to view the timecode in iMovie for Mac?

Is there a way to view the timecode in iMovie for Mac? This is such a basic feature needed for editing; I can't believe it wouldn't be available. Am I missing something?

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 1:53 PM

5 replies

Mar 30, 2014 8:28 PM in response to niccanator

Do the math means you know the timecode at the beginning of each clip and when you mouse over a transition or clip you know the clip length. If you trim the clip you see how much you are trimming. With these numbers you can caulate the cursor position or find the timecode value at any frame in the clip. I am not saying it is an elegant process by any means, but if you really need to, this will work. Obviously it is a grievius situation Apple has left us in regarding timecode.

Mar 26, 2015 8:48 AM in response to niccanator

It can't be done in iMovie, but there is a free app in the app store that can do it. The app is VideoPad Video Editor Free. I'm using the iPhone camera to record the falling of a paper helicopter in slow motion so I can analyze the speed of the fall. I need to know the exact time of each frame, and VideoPad Video Editor Free can do it.

Is there a way to view the timecode in iMovie for Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.