Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE 5 No network, since phone unlocked. I followed the O2 process and now I have no network, can anyone help?

I have a O2 iphone 5 and requested it to be unlocked, I followed the process which was when I got the text to say the phone had been unlocked to then get a different SIM(Vodafone) insert that then connect to Itunes and it came back unlocked. however since then I have had no network and my phone cannot connect to any network, even though O2 sent me a new SIM card.

Can anyone help?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 12:41 PM

2 replies

Mar 30, 2014 2:51 PM in response to wegras

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your suggestions, but I pretty much follwed that to the letter when unblocking my phone. However where it says the SIM is not recognised, thats not the case, if I go to settings>general>Mobile>Mobile data, it recognises what ever SIMI put in, as the data to connect to the mobile netwok is visible.

Following O2 recommendations I went to the Apple store and the Apple technician spent an hour with my phone and could not find any fault, although he could see no mobile networks were available. He sent mt back to O2, saying it must be a problem with their unlocking process.

After 2 hours in an O2 shop on the phone to customer services(pain factor of 10/10), they reluctantly agreed to take my phone in for repair. I will let you guys know what the outcome is.

IPHONE 5 No network, since phone unlocked. I followed the O2 process and now I have no network, can anyone help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.