Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add .wmv files from computer to camera roll

Hello,

I have a video on my HP computer that I have trimmed and edited on Windows Live Movie Maker. I need to get it on my Iphone 4S camera roll somehow. How do I do this? I have tried for hours, any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 12:54 PM

11 replies

Mar 29, 2014 1:07 PM in response to brandonfox

Have you tried to email the file to yourself and open the attachment and save to camera roll? (You have to open the email using your iPhone mail app) If it doesn't give you that option when you open the attachment in the email try to then send it to yourself in a text message, then try to save to camera roll from there. I am not positive this works. I'm sure you could find a third party app to do this if the first steps do not work. Good luck.

Mar 29, 2014 1:37 PM in response to brandonfox

I just used my laptop to send a video to myself via email. I opened my mail account on my iPhone using the iPhones mail app and when I downloaded the video it opened and gave me the option to save the video. It goes directly to my camera roll as soon as I saved it. It also gives you the option to send it in a text email to icloud ect. Hope this helps!

Mar 29, 2014 1:49 PM in response to brandonfox

iPhone 4S Video Formats Supportedback to top

• H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
  • MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
  • Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

Aug 2, 2015 4:42 PM in response to brandonfox

You should be able to do this with Imovie. Import your files onto Mac IMovie. Share it to Theatre. Open up IMovie on your phone start a project and download file from Imovie Media in ICloud. Once loaded. Save the project. This will then be retrievable in Camera Roll. This worked with VCHD files taken from my digital camera data card (without converting to mp4). If there is an easier way I'd be pleased to know.

How to add .wmv files from computer to camera roll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.