Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can only download certain movies, but others I can also stream. What's up?

I recently redeemed two of my blu-rays(Boondock Saints, Prometheus). I used my iPad to go to my purchases from the Store and can see all my redeemed movies. I am able to stream all of them but these two. Why?

These two movies also does not allow me to watch the HD versions, while all my others I can. Why?

Wasn't sure where to put this because it does deal with the Store directly, yet I am experiencing tis on my iPad Air and my laptop.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 1:50 PM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2014 2:49 PM in response to CAB93

Not all film studios/rights-holders allow films to be redownloaded - and the format that a film is in also depends upon the rights-holder (did the blu-ray box say that you would get the HD or SD version of them ?). If you don't have a film age rating set on Settings > General > Restrictions on your iPad, Parental tab in Edit > Preferences on your computer's iTunes, that is stopping them showing, and you haven't hidden the films from the Purchased links (hiding and unhiding) then you will need to sync/copy them to the devices/computers that you want them on.

You should also not rely on being able to redownload the other films, nor any of your other purchases - content providers could remove their items from the store at any time, so if you aren't already doing so then you should be keeping and maintaining your own backup copy of all of your downloads.

I can only download certain movies, but others I can also stream. What's up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.