Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Booting in Recovery mode After Update

I have an Early 2013 MacbookPro Retina with Maverick and I was having issues connecting to my Wireless Router so I decided to Reboot the laptop.

After it rebooted, the Mac logo on the Grey Screen showed up with a progress bar. The progress bar took a while to complete and then computer shutted down.

I then pressed the power button to turn it back on and it started in recovery mode. Using the DiskUtility I see the disk, I see the Partition but cannot mount it. I ran the DiskUtility's Verify and it tells me to Repair the Disk. I click Repair the Disk and it tells me the disk could not be repaired and I should to backup the maximum number of files possible and then format and reinstall the OS. But for the sake of God, it cannot even mount the partition! How am I suppose to backup anything?

I'm so ****** off, I lost a week of work. Spent the week working away of the office and the Time Machine Backup is a week old.

*** Apple!

Please someone tell me that there is something I can do to recover my work!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 2:42 PM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2014 3:33 PM in response to GilmarP

Here's what I'd try:

Hook up an external drive. Boot to the Recovery partition. Partition and format the external drive, then install OS X on it. When that's done, boot while holding down the Option key and choose the external drive. From there, see if you can now read the internal drive and get your files off. Once you have what you need, you can reformat the internal.

Booting in Recovery mode After Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.