Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

split event in iPhoto 11?

Hi all,

In iPhoto 11 (version 9.5.1) I try to split an event.

I have selected a number of photo's in an event, click on 'split events' and i have 2 separate sets.

They show up fine in thumbnail view of all events.

When I do a mouse-over I can see what's in the original event as well as in the new event from the split.

That's exactly how I meant it.

But in thumbnail view when I click on the original event to open it, it has all the photo's that were there from the beginning.

When I click on the split event, it has no photo's.

So the photo's are in the right place if I do the mouse-over but not in the actual events when opened.

Anyone else has this problem?

Thanks,

Onno

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 2.53 GHz, 8Gb ram, 500GB SSD

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 2:31 PM

5 replies

Mar 30, 2014 11:41 AM in response to LarryHN

Hi Larry,

The problem was that I duplicated the photo's in the event and then tried to split it.
Apparently, the photo's aren't duplicated root down, but only superficially and iPhoto doesn't consider them real duplicates, which can be separated from the originals.

I duplicated them because I wanted a separate set of the photo's in black and white.

I used to do this all the time in iPhoto '09 without any problem.

So when I split an event without duplicates, it works fine.

Thanks for the help, though.

Onno

Mar 30, 2014 12:05 PM in response to Onno

Correct - since iPhoto now shares a library with Aperture it does not copy a photo but when you duplicate creates a seperate 'edit file" for the photo so you have two different sets of edits applied to the same original depending on which "copy" you views or export - you can not seperate the two versions

Without details in your question you get only the most common soltions - there are too many to list every one every time

LN

split event in iPhoto 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.