Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Preview Crashes

Hi Guys, I am having problem with my mac preview application. Every time I try to resize or crop or basically do any modification to the picture, my mac crashes. Does anybody ever have similar problem? Can someone please help?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 2:31 PM

2 replies

Apr 24, 2014 3:27 PM in response to Ombob

I have the EXACT same problem. A few months ago, I noticed my Macbook Pro started to crash and shut down randomly, but after all this time I have realized that these crashes are clearly associated with the Preview application. The moment I open a file with Preview and zoom-in, or try to alter it with resizing or cropping, my screen goes black and I need to reboot the laptop. Now it happens EVERY TIME I do this, so clearly it is an issue being caused by the Preview application.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Can I fix it by removing the Preview application and using any other picture viewing file instead?

Thanks in advance for the prompt response and any help you can provide.

Mac Preview Crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.