Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pass codes hacked?

Hi guys,

I have been having issues with my yahoo account getting hacked. It has happened at least 3 times this year!. I heard a very short story on the news about wireless devices such as the ipad being insecure with their passwords. I wonder if my getting hacked is an apple issue or a yahoo issue.

1. I change my pass codes to something completely, sometimes switchng languagues and nothing less than 10 alpha numeric characters.

2. This is a well guarded account. Only my closest friends and family have it. I never put it on the web, (I have a sperate account for that) I never put it on cards I fill out, if you are not my relation you don't get this e-mail So I have yet to get spam in the 2 years I've had the account

3. To verify changes, yahoo does have my cell number. I find it odd that I received a spam text the exact same time one of the spam letters were sent. So does the hacker now have my personal phone number?

4. I have had the ipad for about a year now. I use the mail program that coems with the ipad, not the yahoo app. I usually access my personal mail on the ipad, and wonder if this is the reason I have been having issues.

5. I only access e-mail on my home network that is secured. I know better than to try and access it away from home on a "free" server as I can only connect to the internet with wifi.

There is no known way to contact customer care on yahoo (I now understand why). I plan to not use mail on the ipad and see if that stops the hacking. But what can I do to know for sure. What I really want to know is: Is this really an apple issue? Is there a way to prevent my password from being hacked again? I use a desktop we do have a wireless home network, but the desktop is hard wired in. Or is it a yahoo issue? Do I just abondon yahoo and find a more secure e-mail?

Thanks guys.

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 3:51 PM

3 replies

Apple pass codes hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.