Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage turns off on its own, can't be turned back on

I have an iphone 5, and starting this morning none of my texts or imessages would send, and I can't receive messages either. If i turn my phone off and back on, messages will send and receive like normal for about the first minute that it's on. After that if i go into settings -> messages, it appears that imessage has turned off on its own, and can't be turned back on. Basically I've had to restart my phone every time I want to send a message, and when I do restart it, messages finally pop up that had been sent to me hours ago. I have tried resetting my network settings, toggling the imessage on and off (it won't let me do that though), a hard reset, and restoring to factory settings. Nothing has worked and I'm not sure what else to try.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 5:48 PM

5 replies

Mar 29, 2014 5:57 PM in response to klasorda

Back up the iPhone to icloud. And back it up to your computer and after this try and erase all content and settings and set up as new phone. On e you completed this you can then sign into icloud or restore from back up on your PC. Try and do some more research on resetting your phone this way to ensure you do not lose anything, that is if everything was successfully backed up. Good luck

Apr 4, 2014 4:27 PM in response to klasorda

this exact same problem has started with me!!! its been like 36 hours now. just as you described & everything you attempted is like me smh i even went to AT&T they gave me a new sim & nothing.... did you find a solution? i might just go to Apple tomorrow but i know they'll probably say its a software problem & we have to wait for an update...

iMessage turns off on its own, can't be turned back on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.