Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching Country iTunes Store

When using the iTunes Store on the iPad, I noticed we have to wait 90 days or something to switch between using different accounts for different country stores...or something like that?

Is this the same for the iTunes Store on a mac? So I can have one library full of songs purchased from iTunes Australia, iTunes USA, iTunes Japan for example. continously switching stores with different accounts (obviously) with no waiting time?

Thanks !

P.S. I think I would be breaking the rules though ... 😟

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 9:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 12:47 AM

The 90 days association will start when you use iTunes Match, automatic downloads or redownload past purchases, and that applies to computers as well as device.

If you are currently in Australia then you can only use the Australian store - you need to be in a country to use its store (that is in the stores terms of use), so you can only use your USA account when you are in USA, and your Japan account when you are in Japan.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2014 12:47 AM in response to MajorMenace Cam

The 90 days association will start when you use iTunes Match, automatic downloads or redownload past purchases, and that applies to computers as well as device.

If you are currently in Australia then you can only use the Australian store - you need to be in a country to use its store (that is in the stores terms of use), so you can only use your USA account when you are in USA, and your Japan account when you are in Japan.

Switching Country iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.