Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

flash error since upgrading to latest Safari

Hi everyone,

Since upgrading my browser a couple of weeks ago (Safari 6.1.2) on my Mountain Lion, I have two very infuriating problems:

1. The first is a persisitant error message that pops up on most web pages I go to - telling me that www.facebook.com detects that my flashplayer might be out of date. (I do not even have a facebook account - so this is looking a bit dodgy?) I get 3 popups for each page I open, which I then have to acknowledge to proceed. Upgrading Adobe Flash player & restarting has not fixed the problem.
  2. The second problem is that I can no longer do a google search from the address bar - it gives me a cannot connect to the server error - I have to go to google home to do all my searching now....(google is still ticked as default search in preferences)

Any ideas? Is this a problem with Safari software, or is something malicious going on?

Thanks for your help!!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 9:05 PM

6 replies

Mar 29, 2014 11:04 PM in response to Emma_B

1. This procedure is a diagnostic test. It changes nothing, for better or worse, and therefore will not, in itself, solve the problem.

2. If you don't already have a current backup, back up all data before doing anything else. The backup is necessary on general principle, not because of anything in the test procedure. Backup is always a must, and when you're having any kind of trouble with the computer, you may be at higher than usual risk of losing data, whether you follow these instructions or not.

There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional. Ask if you need guidance.

3. Below are instructions to run a UNIX shell script, a type of program. All it does is to collect information about the state of the computer. That information goes nowhere unless you choose to share it. However, you should be cautious about running any kind of program (not just a shell script) on the advice of a stranger. If you have doubts, search this site for other discussions in which this procedure has been followed without any report of ill effects. If you can't satisfy yourself that the instructions are safe, don't follow them. Ask for other options.

Here's a summary of what you need to do, if you choose to proceed:

• Copy a line of text in this window to the Clipboard.
  • Paste into the window of another application.
  • Wait for the test to run. It usually takes a few minutes.
  • Paste the results, which will have been copied automatically, back into a reply on this page.

The sequence is: copy, paste, wait, paste again. You don't need to copy a second time. Details follow.

4. You may have started the computer in "safe" mode. Preferably, these steps should be taken in “normal” mode. If the system is now in safe mode and works well enough in normal mode to run the test, restart as usual. If you can only test in safe mode, do that.

5. If you have more than one user, and the one affected by the problem is not an administrator, then please run the test twice: once while logged in as the affected user, and once as an administrator. The results may be different. The user that is created automatically on a new computer when you start it for the first time is an administrator. If you can't log in as an administrator, test as the affected user. Most personal Macs have only one user, and in that case this section doesn’t apply. Don't log in as root.

6. The script is a single long line, all of which must be selected. You can accomplish this easily by triple-clicking anywhere in the line. The whole line will highlight, though you may not see all of it in the browser window, and you can then copy it. If you try to select the line by dragging across the part you can see, you won't get all of it.

Triple-click anywhere in the line of text below on this page to select it:

PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin; clear; Fb='%s\n\t(%s)\n'; Fm='\n%s\n\n%s\n'; Fr='\nRAM details\n%s\n'; Fs='\n%s: %s\n'; Fu='user %s%%, system %s%%'; AC="com.autodesk.AutoCAD com.evenflow.dropbox com.google.GoogleDrive"; H='^[[:space:]]*((127\.0\.0\.1|::1|fe80::1%lo0)[[:space:]]+local|(255\.){3}255[[:space:]]*broadcast)host[[:space:]]*$'; NS=networksetup; PB="/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c Print"; A () { [[ a -eq 0 ]]; }; M () { find -L "$d" -type f | while read f; do file -b "$f" | egrep -lq XML\|exec && echo $f; done; }; AT () { o=`file -b "$1" | egrep -v '^(A.{16}t$|cann)'`; Ps "${1##*/} format"; }; Pc () { o=`grep -v '^ *#' "$2"`; l=`wc -l <<< "$o"`; [[ l -gt 25 ]] && o=`head -n25 <<< "$o"`$'\n'"[$((l-25)) more line(s)]"; Pm "$1"; AT "$1"; }; Pm () { [[ "$o" ]] && o=`sed -E '/^ *$/d;s/^ */ /;s/[-0-9A-Fa-f]{22,}/UUID/g;s/(ochat)\.[^.]+(\..+)/\1\2/;/Shared/!s/(\/Users\/)[^/]+/\1-/g' <<< "$o"` && printf "$Fm" "$1" "$o"; }; Pp () { o=`$PB "$2" | awk -F'= ' \/$3'/{print $2}'`; Pm "$1"; }; Ps () { o=`echo $o`; [[ ! "$o" =~ ^0?$ ]] && printf "$Fs" "$1" "$o"; }; R () { o=; [[ r -eq 0 ]]; }; SP () { system_profiler SP${1}DataType; }; id -G | grep -qw 80; a=$?; A && sudo true; r=$?; t=`date +%s`; clear; { A || echo $'No admin access\n'; A && ! R && echo $'No root access\n'; SP Software | sed -n 's/^ *//;5p;6p;8p'; h=(`SP Hardware | awk '/ Id/{print $3}; /Mem/{print $2}'`); o=$h; Ps "Model"; o=$((h[1]<4?h[1]:0)); Ps "Total RAM (GB)"; o=`SP Memory | sed '1,5d;/[my].*:/d'`; [[ "$o" =~ s:\ [^O]|x([^08]|0[^2]|8[^0]) ]] && printf "$Fr" "$o"; o=`SP Diagnostics | sed '5,6!d'`; [[ "$o" =~ Pass ]] || Pm "POST"; p=`SP Power`; o=`awk '/Cy/{print $NF}' <<< "$p"`; o=$((o>=300?o:0)); Ps "Battery cycles"; o=`sed -n '/Cond.*: [^N]/{s/^.*://p;}' <<< "$p"`; Ps "Battery condition"; for b in FireWire Thunderbolt USB; do o=`SP $b | sed -En '/:$/{s/ *:$//;x;s/\n//;/Apple|SMSC/d;s/\n.*//;/\)/p;};/^ *(V.+ [0N]|Man).+ /{s/ 0x.... //;s/[()]//g;s/(.+: )(.+)/ (\2)/;H;}'`; Pm $b; done; o=`pmset -g therm | sed 's/^.*C/C/'`; [[ "$o" =~ No\ th|pms ]] && o=; Pm "Thermal conditions"; o=`pmset -g sysload | grep -v :`; [[ "$o" =~ =\ [^GO] ]] || o=; Pm "System load advisory"; o=`nvram boot-args | awk '{$1=""; print}'`; Ps "boot-args"; fdesetup status | grep -q On && o=on || o=; Ps "FileVault"; a=(/ ""); A=(System User); for i in 0 1; do o=`cd ${a[$i]}L*/Lo*/Diag* || continue; for f in *.{cr,h,pa,s}*; do [[ -f "$f" ]] || continue; d=$(stat -f%Sc -t%F "$f"); [[ "$f" =~ h$ ]] && grep -lq "^Thread c" "$f" && f="$f *"; echo "$d ${f%%_2*} ${f##*.}"; done | sort | tail`; Pm "${A[$i]} diagnostics"; done; grep -lq '*$' <<< "$o" && printf $'\n\t* Code injection\n'; o=`syslog -F bsd -k Sender kernel -k Message CReq 'caug|GPU |hfs: Ru|last value [1-9]|n Cause: -|NVDA\(|pagin|proc: t|Roamed|rror|ssert|Thrott|timed? ?o|WARN' -k Message Ane 'SMC:' | tail -n25 | awk '/:/{$4=""; $5=""};1'`; Pm "Kernel messages"; o=`df -m / | awk 'NR==2 {print $4}'`; o=$((o<5120?o:0)); Ps "Free space (MiB)"; o=$(($(vm_stat | awk '/eo/{sub("\\.",""); print $2}')/256)); o=$((o>=1024?o:0)); Ps "Pageouts (MiB)"; s=( `sar -u 1 10 | sed '$!d'` ); [[ s[4] -lt 85 ]] && o=`printf "$Fu" ${s[1]} ${s[3]}` || o=; Ps "Total CPU usage" && { s=(`ps acrx -o comm,ruid,%cpu | sed '2!d'`); n=$((${#s[*]}-1)); c="${s[*]}"; o=${s[$n]}%; Ps "CPU usage by process \"${c% ${s[$((n-1))]}*}\" with UID ${s[$((n-1))]}"; }; s=(`top -R -l1 -n1 -o prt -stats command,uid,prt | sed '$!d'`); n=$((${#s[*]}-1)); s[$n]=${s[$n]%[+-]}; c="${s[*]}"; o=$((s[$n]>=25000?s[$n]:0)); Ps "Mach ports used by process \"${c% ${s[$((n-1))]}*}\" with UID ${s[$((n-1))]}"; o=`kextstat -kl | grep -v com\\.apple | cut -c53- | cut -d\< -f1`; Pm "Loaded extrinsic kernel extensions"; R && o=`sudo launchctl list | awk 'NR>1 && !/0x|com\.(apple|openssh|vix\.cron)|org\.(amav|apac|calendarse|cups|dove|isc|ntp|openld|post[fg]|x)/{print $3}'`; Pm "Extrinsic daemons"; o=`launchctl list | awk 'NR>1 && !/0x|com\.apple|org\.(x|openbsd)|\.[0-9]+$/{print $3}'`; Pm "Extrinsic agents"; o=`for d in {/,}L*/Lau*; do M; done | egrep -v 'com\.apple\.(CSConfig|server)' | while read f; do ID=$($PB\ :Label "$f") || ID="No job label"; printf "$Fb" "$f" "$ID"; done`; Pm "launchd items"; o=`for d in /{S*/,}L*/StartupItems; do M; done`; Pm "Startup items"; sys=`pkgutil --regexp --only-files --files com.apple.pkg.* | sort | uniq | sed 's:^:/:'`; b=`sed -E '/^.+Lib.+\/Contents\/Info.plist$/!d;s/\/Info.plist$//;/Contents\/./d' <<< "$sys"`; l=`egrep '^/usr/lib/.+dylib$' <<< "$sys"`; [[ "$b" && "$l" ]] && { o=`find -L /S*/L*/{C*/Sec*A,E}* {/,}L*/{A*d,Compon,Ex,In,iTu,Keyb,Mail/B,P*P,Qu*T,Scripti,Sec,Servi,Spo}* -type d -name Contents -prune | grep -Fv "$b" | while read d; do test -f "$d/Info.plist" || continue; ID=$($PB\ :CFBundleIdentifier "$_") || ID="No bundle ID"; printf "$Fb" "${d%/Contents}" "$ID"; done`; Pm "Extrinsic loadable bundles"; o=`find /usr/lib -type f -name *.dylib | grep -Fv "$l"`; Pm "Extrinsic shared libraries"; :; } || echo $'\nReceipts missing'; o=`for e in INSERT_LIBRARIES LIBRARY_PATH; do launchctl getenv DYLD_$e; done`; Pm "Inserted dylibs"; o=`find -L {,/u*/lo*}/e*/periodic -type f -mtime -10d`; Pm "Modified periodic scripts"; o=`scutil --proxy | grep Prox`; Pm "Proxies"; o=`scutil --dns | awk '/r\[0\] /{if ($NF !~ /^1(0|72\.(1[6-9]|2[0-9]|3[0-1])|92\.168)\./) print $NF; exit}'`; i=`route -n get default | awk '/e:/{print $2}'`; I=`$NS -listnetworkserviceorder | sed -En '/ '$i'\)$/{x;s/^\(.+\) //p;q;};x'`; n=`$NS -getdnsservers "$I" | awk '!/^T/{printf "not "; exit}'`; Ps "DNS (${n}from DHCP)"; o=`$NS -getinfo "$I" | awk '/k:/{if ($3 !~ "(255\.){3}0") print}; /v6:/{if ($2 !~ "A") print}'`; Pm "TCP/IP"; R && o=`sudo profiles -P | grep : | wc -l`; Ps "Profiles"; f=auto_master; [[ `md5 -q /etc/$f` =~ ^b166 ]] || Pc $f /etc/$f; for f in fstab sysctl.conf crontab launchd.conf; do Pc $f /etc/$f; done; f=/etc/hosts; Pc "hosts" <(egrep -v "$H" $f ); AT $f; Pc "User launchd" ~/.launchd*; R && Pc "Root crontab" <(sudo crontab -l); Pc "User crontab" <(crontab -l); R && o=`sudo defaults read com.apple.loginwindow LoginHook`; Pm "Login hook"; LD="$(`find /S*/*/F* -type f -name lsregister | head -n1` -dump)"; o=`for ID in $AC; do [[ "$LD" =~ $ID ]] && echo $ID; done`; Pm "Application check"; Pp "Global login items" /L*/P*/loginw* Path; Pp "User login items" L*/P*/*loginit* Name; Pp "Safari extensions" L*/Saf*/*/E*.plist Bundle | sed -E 's/(\..*$|-[1-9])//g'; o=`find ~ $TMPDIR.. \( -flags +sappnd,schg,uappnd,uchg -o ! -user $UID -o ! -perm -600 \) | wc -l`; Ps "Restricted user files"; cd; o=`find .??* -type d -name *.app -prune`; Pm "Hidden apps"; o=`SP Fonts | egrep 'id: N|te: Y' | wc -l`; Ps "Font problems"; o=`find L*/{Con,Pref}* -type f ! -size 0 -name *.plist | while read f; do plutil -s "$f" >&- || echo $f; done`; Pm "Bad plists"; d=(Desktop L*/Keyc*); n=(20 7); for i in 0 1; do o=`find "${d[$i]}" -type f -maxdepth 1 | wc -l`; o=$((o<=n[$i]?0:o)); Ps "${d[$i]##*/} file count"; done; o=; [[ UID -eq 0 ]] && o=root; Ps "UID"; o=$((`date +%s`-t)); Ps "Elapsed time (s)"; } 2>/dev/null | pbcopy; exit 2>&-

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C.

7. Launch the built-in Terminal application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Terminal in the icon grid.

Click anywhere in the Terminal window and paste (command-V). The text you pasted should vanish immediately. If it doesn't, press the return key.

8. If you see an error message in the Terminal window such as "syntax error," enter

exec bash

and press return. Then paste the script again.

9. If you're logged in as an administrator, you'll be prompted for your login password. Nothing will be displayed when you type it. You will not see the usual dots in place of typed characters. Make sure caps lock is off. Type carefully and then press return. You may get a one-time warning to be careful. If you make three failed attempts to enter the password, the test will run anyway, but it will produce less information. In most cases, the difference is not important. If you don't know the password, or if you prefer not to enter it, press the key combination control-C or just press return three times at the password prompt. Again, the script will still run.

If you're not logged in as an administrator, you won't be prompted for a password. The test will still run. It just won't do anything that requires administrator privileges.

10. The test may take a few minutes to run, depending on how many files you have and the speed of the computer. A computer that's abnormally slow may take longer to run the test. While it's running, there will be nothing in the Terminal window and no indication of progress. Wait for the line

[Process completed]

to appear. If you don't see it within half an hour or so, the test probably won't complete in a reasonable time. In that case, close the Terminal window and report the results. No harm will be done.

11. When the test is complete, quit Terminal. The results will have been copied to the Clipboard automatically. They are not shown in the Terminal window. Please don't copy anything from there. All you have to do is start a reply to this comment and then paste by pressing command-V again.

If any private information, such as your name or email address, appears in the results, anonymize it before posting. Usually that won't be necessary.

12. When you post the results, you might see the message, "You have included content in your post that is not permitted." It means that the forum software has misidentified something in the post as a violation of the rules. If that happens, please post the test results on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.

Note: This is a public forum, and others may give you advice based on the results of the test. They speak only for themselves, and I don't necessarily agree with them.

Copyright © 2014 by Linc Davis. As the sole author of this work, I reserve all rights to it except as provided in the Terms of Use of the Apple Support Communities website ("ASC"). Readers of ASC may copy it for their own personal use. Neither the whole nor any part may be redistributed.

Apr 4, 2014 3:42 AM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks Linc for your help,

Hopefully the info below will help work out the problem (mind you - it is a bit scary how much info has been captured).

It has gotten worse - I now cannot even get to sites I regularly access such as LinkedIn. I have now heard of people having similar problems with other browsers and Windows PCs too...sounds like this is something bigger than Safari......

Thanks

System Version: OS X 10.8.5 (12F45)

Kernel Version: Darwin 12.5.0

Boot Mode: Normal

Model: MacBookPro8,2

Battery cycles: 796

User diagnostics

2014-03-23 QuickLookSatellite crash

2014-03-23 QuickLookSatellite crash

2014-04-01 QuickLookSatellite crash

Kernel messages

Apr 2 10:22:32 wl0: Roamed or switched channel, reason #1, bssid 2c:41:38:f4:e4:30

Apr 2 10:26:53 MacAuthEvent en1 Auth result for: 2c:41:38:f4:b4:f0 Auth timed out

Apr 2 10:27:58 wl0: Roamed or switched channel, reason #1, bssid 2c:41:38:fb:01:30

Apr 2 10:29:08 Warning: IOSurface 00000048 seed changed while owned by an accelerator 00000001: 00000028 -> 00000029

Apr 2 11:45:11 wl0: Roamed or switched channel, reason #1, bssid 2c:41:38:fb:b0:d0

Apr 2 11:48:06 [IOBluetoothHCIController][EnqueueRequestForController] -- SendHCIRequestToTransport failed, error (0xE00002D8) -- kIOReturnNotReady

Apr 2 11:48:06 [SendHCIRequestFormatted] ### ERROR: EnqueueRequestForController failed (err=0xe00002d8 (kIOReturnNotReady)) for opCode 0x0c3f (Set AFH Host Channel Classification)

Apr 2 19:57:57 [IOBluetoothHCIController][EnqueueRequestForController] -- SendHCIRequestToTransport failed, error (0xE00002D8) -- kIOReturnNotReady

Apr 2 19:57:57 [SendHCIRequestFormatted] ### ERROR: EnqueueRequestForController failed (err=0xe00002d8 (kIOReturnNotReady)) for opCode 0x0c3f (Set AFH Host Channel Classification)

Apr 2 20:20:58 Warning: IOSurface 0000002c seed changed while owned by an accelerator 00000002: 00000023 -> 00000024

Apr 2 21:56:59 [IOBluetoothHCIController][EnqueueRequestForController] -- SendHCIRequestToTransport failed, error (0xE00002D8) -- kIOReturnNotReady

Apr 2 21:56:59 [SendHCIRequestFormatted] ### ERROR: EnqueueRequestForController failed (err=0xe00002d8 (kIOReturnNotReady)) for opCode 0x0c3f (Set AFH Host Channel Classification)

Apr 3 08:27:11 [IOBluetoothHCIController][EnqueueRequestForController] -- SendHCIRequestToTransport failed, error (0xE00002D8) -- kIOReturnNotReady

Apr 3 08:27:11 [SendHCIRequestFormatted] ### ERROR: EnqueueRequestForController failed (err=0xe00002d8 (kIOReturnNotReady)) for opCode 0x0c3f (Set AFH Host Channel Classification)

Apr 3 08:27:11 [IOBluetoothHCIController][EnqueueRequestForController] -- SendHCIRequestToTransport failed, error (0xE00002D8) -- kIOReturnNotReady

Apr 3 08:27:11 [SendHCIRequestFormatted] ### ERROR: EnqueueRequestForController failed (err=0xe00002d8 (kIOReturnNotReady)) for opCode 0x1003 (Read Local Supported Features)

Apr 3 22:46:34 MacAuthEvent en1 Auth result for: 10:9a:dd:8a:95:95 Auth timed out

Apr 4 08:44:42 Warning: IOSurface 00000116 seed changed while owned by an accelerator 00000001: 00000021 -> 00000022

Apr 4 15:50:36 Warning: IOSurface 0000014a seed changed while owned by an accelerator 00000001: 00000021 -> 00000022

Apr 4 16:06:30 Warning: IOSurface 000000fe seed changed while owned by an accelerator 00000001: 00000015 -> 00000016

Apr 4 16:06:35 Warning: IOSurface 000000bc seed changed while owned by an accelerator 00000001: 00000023 -> 00000024

Apr 4 16:07:52 [IOBluetoothHCIController][EnqueueRequestForController] -- SendHCIRequestToTransport failed, error (0xE00002D8) -- kIOReturnNotReady

Apr 4 16:07:52 [SendHCIRequestFormatted] ### ERROR: EnqueueRequestForController failed (err=0xe00002d8 (kIOReturnNotReady)) for opCode 0x0c3f (Set AFH Host Channel Classification)

Apr 4 16:07:52 [IOBluetoothHCIController][EnqueueRequestForController] -- SendHCIRequestToTransport failed, error (0xE00002D8) -- kIOReturnNotReady

Apr 4 16:07:52 [SendHCIRequestFormatted] ### ERROR: EnqueueRequestForController failed (err=0xe00002d8 (kIOReturnNotReady)) for opCode 0x1003 (Read Local Supported Features)

Extrinsic daemons

org.macosforge.xquartz.privileged_startx

com.vmware.launchd.vmware

com.sierrawireless.SWoCTool

com.oracle.java.Helper-Tool

com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper

com.leapfrog.connect.shell

com.google.keystone.daemon

com.adobe.fpsaud

Extrinsic agents

com.tuneupmedia.TuneUpHelper

com.evernote.EvernoteHelper

org.macosforge.xquartz.startx

com.oracle.java.Java-Updater

com.google.keystone.system.agent

com.zimbra.desktop

com.plexapp.helper

com.adobe.ARM.UUID

aunchd items

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.google.keystone.agent.plist

(com.google.keystone.system.agent)

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.oracle.java.Java-Updater.plist

(com.oracle.java.Java-Updater)

/Library/LaunchAgents/org.macosforge.xquartz.startx.plist

(org.macosforge.xquartz.startx)

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.adobe.fpsaud.plist

(com.adobe.fpsaud)

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.google.keystone.daemon.plist

(com.google.keystone.daemon)

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.leapfrog.connect.shell.plist

(com.leapfrog.connect.shell)

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper.plist

(com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper)

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.oracle.java.Helper-Tool.plist

(com.oracle.java.Helper-Tool)

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.sierrawireless.SWoCTool.plist

(com.sierrawireless.SWoCTool)

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.vmware.launchd.vmware.plist

(com.vmware.launchd.vmware)

/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macosforge.xquartz.privileged_startx.plist

(org.macosforge.xquartz.privileged_startx)

Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.ARM.UUID.plist

(com.adobe.ARM.UUID)

Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.AddressBook.ScheduledSync.PHXCardDAVSource.UUID. plist

(com.apple.AddressBook.ScheduledSync.PHXCardDAVSource.UUID)

Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.FolderActions.enabled.plist

(com.apple.FolderActions.enabled)

Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.FolderActions.folders.plist

(com.apple.FolderActions.folders)

Library/LaunchAgents/com.plexapp.helper.plist

(com.plexapp.helper)

Library/LaunchAgents/com.zimbra.desktop.plist

(com.zimbra.desktop)

Library/LaunchAgents/jp.co.canon.Inkjet_Extended_Survey_Agent.plist

(jp.co.canon.Inkjet_Extended_Survey_Agent)

Startup items

/Library/StartupItems/HWNetMgr/HWNetCfg

/Library/StartupItems/HWNetMgr/HWNetMgr

/Library/StartupItems/HWPortDetect/HWPortCfg

/Library/StartupItems/HWPortDetect/HWPortDetect

/Library/StartupItems/HWPortDetect/StartupParameters.plist

/Library/StartupItems/tap/Resources/English.lproj/Localizable.strings

/Library/StartupItems/tap/tap

/Library/StartupItems/tun/Resources/English.lproj/Localizable.strings

/Library/StartupItems/tun/tun

Extrinsic loadable bundles

/System/Library/CoreServices/SecurityAgentPlugins/HomeDirMechanism.bundle

(com.apple.SecurityAgentPlugin.HomeDirMechanism)

/System/Library/CoreServices/SecurityAgentPlugins/KerberosAgent.bundle

(com.apple.KerberosAgent)

/System/Library/CoreServices/SecurityAgentPlugins/loginwindow.bundle

(com.apple.securityAgentPlugins.loginwindowUI)

/System/Library/CoreServices/SecurityAgentPlugins/MCXMechanism.bundle

(com.apple.securityAgentPlugin.MCXMechanism)

/System/Library/CoreServices/SecurityAgentPlugins/PKINITMechanism.bundle

(com.apple.PKINITMechanism)

/System/Library/CoreServices/SecurityAgentPlugins/RestartAuthorization.bundle

(com.apple.securityAgentPlugin.RestartAuthorization)

/System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext

(com.apple.AMDRadeonAccelerator)

/System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonVADriver.bundle

(com.apple. AMDRadeonVADriver)

/System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

(com.apple.AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver)

/System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver.bundle

(com.apple.AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleCameraInterface.kext

(com.apple.driver.AppleCameraInterface)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHSSPIHIDDriver.kext

(com.apple.driver.AppleHSSPIHIDDriver)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHSSPISupport.kext

(com.apple.driver.AppleHSSPISupport)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext

(com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferAzul)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext

(com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD3000Graphics)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.plugin

(com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle

(com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle

(com.apple.AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext

(com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGA.plugin

(com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGA)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle

(com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGLDriver)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsVADriver.bundle

(com.apple.AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsVADriver)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext

(com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD5000Graphics)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle

(com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsGLDriver)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsVADriver.bundle

(com.apple.AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsVADriver)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle

(com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHSWVA.bundle

(com.apple.AppleIntelHSWFBVA)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIVBVA.bundle

(com.apple.AppleIntelIVBFBVA)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelLpssDmac.kext

(com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssDmac)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelLpssGspi.kext

(com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssGspi)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelLpssSpiController.kext

(com.apple.driver.AppleIntelLpssSpiController)

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleTopCase.kext

(com.apple.driver.AppleTopCase)

/System/Library/Extensions/ATI7000Controller.kext

(com.apple.kext.AMD7000Controller)

/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin

(com.apple.ATIRadeonX2000GA)

/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle

(com.apple.ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver)

/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle

(com.apple.ATIRadeonX2000VADriver)

/System/Library/Extensions/EPSONUSBPrintClass.kext

(com.epson.print.kext.USBPrintClass)

/System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext

(com.apple.GeForce)

/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGA.plugin

(com.apple.GeForceGA)

/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle

(com.apple.GeForceGLDriver)

/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceVADriver.bundle

(com.apple.GeForceVADriver)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_designjet_series.kext

(com.hp.print.hpio.Designjet.kext)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_Deskjet_io_enabler.kext

(com.hp.print.hpio.Deskjet.kext)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_fax_io.kext

(com.hp.kext.hp-fax-io)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_Inkjet1_io_enabler.kext

(com.hp.print.hpio.Inkjet1.kext)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_Inkjet2_io_enabler.kext

(com.hp.print.hpio.Inkjet2.kext)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_Inkjet3_io_enabler.kext

(com.hp.print.hpio.Inkjet3.kext)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_Inkjet4_io_enabler.kext

(com.hp.print.hpio.Inkjet4.kext)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_Inkjet5_io_enabler.kext

(com.hp.print.hpio.Inkjet5.kext)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_Inkjet7_io_enabler.kext

(com.hp.print.hpio.inkjet7.kext)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_Inkjet8_io_enabler.kext

(com.hp.print.hpio.inkjet8.kext)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_Inkjet9_io_enabler.kext

(com.hp.print.hpio.Inkjet9.kext)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_Inkjet_io_enabler.kext

(com.hp.print.hpio.Inkjet.kext)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_io_printerclassdriver_enabler.kext

(com.hp.hpio.hp_io_printerclassdriver_enabler)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_Laserjet_io_enabler.kext

(com.hp.print.hpio.Laserjet.kext)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_Officejet_io_enabler.kext

(com.hp.print.hpio.Officejet.kext)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_Photosmart_io_enabler.kext

(com.hp.print.hpio.Photosmart.kext)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_PhotosmartPro_io_enabler.kext

(com.hp.print.hpio.PhotosmartPro.kext)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_psa640_io_enabler.kext

(com.hp.hpio.hp_psa640_io_enabler)

/System/Library/Extensions/hp_qc_io_enabler.kext

(com.hp.hpio.hp_psa530_630_io_enabler)

/System/Library/Extensions/HuaweiDataCardDriver.kext

(com.huawei.driver.HuaweiDataCardDriver)

/System/Library/Extensions/IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext

(com.apple.iokit.IOAcceleratorFamily2)

/System/Library/Extensions/LfConnectDriver.kext

(com.leapfrog.driver.LfConnectDriver)

/System/Library/Extensions/LfEtherConfig.kext

(com.leapfrog.codeless.kext)

/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext

(com.apple.nvidia.NVDAStartup)

/System/Library/Extensions/Option72.kext

(com.option.driver.Option72)

/System/Library/Extensions/OptionMSD.kext

(com.option.driver.OptionMSD)

/System/Library/Extensions/SierraDevSupport.kext

(com.sierrawireless.driver.SierraDevSupport)

/System/Library/Extensions/SierraDIPSupport.kext

(com.sierrawireless.driver.SierraDIPSupport)

/System/Library/Extensions/SierraFSRSupport.kext

(com.sierrawireless.driver.SierraFSRSupport)

/System/Library/Extensions/SierraHSRSupport.kext

(com.sierrawireless.driver.SierraHSRSupport)

/System/Library/Extensions/SierraIPDirect.kext

(com.sierrawireless.driver.SierraIPDirect)

/System/Library/Extensions/USBExpressCardCantWake_Huawei.kext

(com.apple.dts.driver.USBExpressCardCantWake)

/System/Library/Extensions/vecLib.kext

(com.apple.vecLib.kext)

/System/Library/Extensions/ZTEUSBCDCACMData.kext

(com.ZTE.driver.ZTEUSBCDCACMData)

/System/Library/Extensions/ZTEUSBMassStorageFilter.kext

(com.ZTE.driver.ZTEUSBMassStorageFilter)

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/AirPlay.driver

(com.apple.audio.AirTunesHALPlugin)

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/iSightAudio.driver

(com.apple.iSightAudio)

/Library/Extensions/tap.kext

(foo.tap)

/Library/Extensions/tun.kext

(foo.tun)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/AdobePDFViewer.plugin

(com.adobe.acrobat.pdfviewer)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/AdobePDFViewerNPAPI.plugin

(com.adobe.acrobat.pdfviewerNPAPI)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Easy-WebPrint EX.plugin

(jp.co.canon.ij.easy-webprint-ex-plugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/EPPEX Plugin.plugin

(jp.co.canon.EPPEX Plugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin

(com.macromedia.Flash Player.plugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/iPhotoPhotocast.plugin

(com.apple.plugin.iPhotoPhotocast)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin

(com.oracle.java.JavaAppletPlugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/LogitechHarmony.plugin

(com.logitech.harmony.LogitechHarmony)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/LogMeIn.plugin

(com.logmein.remctrlplugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/LogMeInSafari32.plugin

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/LogMeInSafari64.plugin

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Quartz Composer.webplugin

(com.apple.QuartzComposer.webplugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/QuickTime Plugin.plugin

(com.apple.QuickTime Plugin.plugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/SharePointBrowserPlugin.plugin

(com.microsoft.sharepoint.browserplugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/SharePointWebKitPlugin.webplugin

(com.microsoft.sharepoint.webkitplugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Silverlight.plugin

(com.microsoft.SilverlightPlugin)

/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/Quartz Composer Visualizer.bundle

(com.apple.QuartzComposer.iTunesPlugIn)

/Library/PreferencePanes/Flash Player.prefPane

(com.adobe.flashplayerpreferences)

/Library/PreferencePanes/JavaControlPanel.prefPane

(com.oracle.java.JavaControlPanel)

/Library/QuickTime/AppleMPEG2Codec.component

(com.apple.AppleMPEG2Codec)

/Library/Spotlight/iBooksAuthor.mdimporter

(com.apple.MDImporter.iBooksAuthor)

/Library/Spotlight/iWork.mdimporter

(com.apple.MDImporter.iWork)

/Library/Spotlight/Microsoft Office.mdimporter

(com.microsoft.MDImporter.Office)

Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/SkypeABDialer.bundle

(com.skype.skypeabdialer)

Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/SkypeABSMS.bundle

(com.skype.skypeabsms)

Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Picasa.plugin

(com.google.PicasaPlugin)

Extrinsic shared libraries

/usr/lib/dtrace/libdtrace_dyld.dylib

/usr/lib/freeradius/libfreeradius-eap-2.1.12.dylib

/usr/lib/freeradius/libfreeradius-radius-2.1.12.dylib

/usr/lib/freeradius/libltdl.3.1.4.dylib

/usr/lib/libgmalloc.B.dylib

/usr/lib/libXplugin.1.dylib

/usr/lib/rpcsvc/dssetup.dylib

/usr/lib/rpcsvc/echosvc.dylib

/usr/lib/rpcsvc/lsarpc.dylib

/usr/lib/rpcsvc/mdssvc.dylib

/usr/lib/rpcsvc/netlogon.dylib

/usr/lib/rpcsvc/srvsvc.dylib

/usr/lib/rpcsvc/wkssvc.dylib

DNS (from DHCP): 68.168.98.196

Safari extensions

Duplicate Tab Button

Restricted user files: 5757

Hidden apps

.Trash/Skitch (262475).app

Font problems: 26

Bad plists

Library/Preferences/com.apple.iphotomosaic.plist

Desktop file count: 30

Elapsed time (s): 181

Apr 4, 2014 9:42 PM in response to Emma_B

The Flash update alerts are fake, and are intended to mislead you into installing malware and/or to steal your identity. They're the result of an attack on your router that has caused you to get false results from looking up the addresses of Internet servers. Requests sent to well-known websites such as Google and YouTube are redirected to a server controlled by the attacker.

The router's documentation should tell you how to reset it to the factory default state. Usually there's a pinhole switch somewhere in the back. It may be labeled "RESET." Insert a paper clip and press the button inside for perhaps 15 seconds, or as long as the instructions specify.

Then go through the initial setup procedure. I can't be specific, because it's different for every model. The key points are these:

1. Don't allow the router to be administered from the WAN (Internet) port, if it has that option.

2. Set a strong password to protect the router's settings: at least ten random upper- and lower-case letters and digits.Don't use the default password or any other that could be guessed.

3. If the router is wireless, or if you have a wireless access point on the network, use "WPA 2 Personal" security and set another strong password to protect the network. If the router or access point doesn't support WPA 2, it's obsolete and must be replaced.

During the time the router was compromised, you were redirected to bogus websites. If you ever connected to a secure site and got a warning from your browser that the identity of the server could not be verified, and you dismissed that warning in order to log in, assume that your credentials for the site have been stolen and that the attacker has control of the account. This warning also applies to all websites on which you saw the fake update alerts.

Apr 5, 2014 3:13 AM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks Linc,

Reset of the router plus reset of Safari seems to have fixed the problem.

(Tip for others - screenshot your router settings and ISP support pages before you start - because your internet will be out while you are trying to reconnect!...Thank god for phone access!)

This is scary - is there likely to be anything residual that we need to remove from Mac or PC? How do we prevent this happening in the future - is there anything we should recognise on sites to let us know they are dodgy?

So grateful...

🙂

Apr 5, 2014 9:52 AM in response to Emma_B

is there likely to be anything residual that we need to remove from Mac or PC?

I don't see any evidence of malware in your test results, but that's no guarantee of anything. I wouldn't know about the PC. If you installed any fake "updates" on it, it very likely is infected with malware. That issue is beyond the scope of this discussion.

flash error since upgrading to latest Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.