Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I make Pages 09 use only fonts from a single Font Book collection?

When I use Pages 09, I don't want my font list to be drowned out by literally hundreds of fonts that I never use and are practically undistinguishable.

But I don't want to simply disable all these fonts in Font Book, since many of them render obscure scripts and symbols that—while I never ever use in Pages—are often needed in other applications like Safari, Preview, etc. It's really annoying to see blank rectangles or squares with question marks in them.

I thought I'd found the answer in Font Book collections, but I was dismayed when I went back to Pages and found no way to set that collection as the list in the font menu of the format bar. Although I can access the collection from the 'show fonts' palette (⌘T), the fonts aren't previewed / rendered there, so that's not a useful solution to me either. I also wouldn't want to have to open that to choose fonts either, I want this to work in the format bar font menu.

Is there any way to set this up?

Thanks in advance for helping

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2016 3:02 PM

In the Font palett there is a little dot. Drag the dot down and you can preview the font.User uploaded file

On the left you can also see your font collections.

2 replies

Can I make Pages 09 use only fonts from a single Font Book collection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.