Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i check the calibration of my monitor for photo editing in my macbook pro retina?

Hi. Can anyone share how to check the calibration of my monitor for photo editing? I was advised to do this at a Lightroom editing course i attended. Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.4), For photo editing purposes

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 3:51 AM

2 replies

Apr 1, 2014 6:37 AM in response to ptjcsusan

Hello ptjcsusan,

Thank you for the question. You can calibrate your using the Display Calibrator Assistant in System Preferences. Use the steps below to calibrate your display:

Adjust your display to show accurate color using Display Calibrator Assistant. The colors on your display can be altered by many factors, such as ambient light, the position and angle of the display, and the age of the display. Calibrate your display regularly to ensure accurate color.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays, then click Color.
  2. Click Calibrate. Display Calibrator Assistant walks you through calibrating your display and then creates a calibrated color profile.
    For a more detailed calibration of your display, select the Expert Mode checkbox, which is at the bottom of the introductory text.

Find the full article here:

OS X Mavericks: Calibrate your display

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13768

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

how do i check the calibration of my monitor for photo editing in my macbook pro retina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.