Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone showing not enough storage available but I have everything going to iCloud, why?

I have a software update pending but Iphone wont let me update due to not enought storage. I have backed up to Icloud which does have a lot of storage still left. I have all things on I phone going to I cloud. So why does it still say not enought storage?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 7:31 AM

3 replies

Mar 30, 2014 7:37 AM in response to Barnes8384

iCloud storage has nothing to do with data that remains on your iPhone.

You need to remove data on your iPhone - songs/movies that were transferred from your iTunes library that can be re-transferred after the update, or import photos/videos in the iPhone's Camera Roll with your computer followed by deleting the photos/videos from the Camera Roll after the import process is complete. This content can be re-transferred back to your iPhone via the iTunes sync process after the update has been installed, and delete apps that are rarely if ever used which can be reinstalled after the update.

Or try installing the update with iTunes on your computer and you may not need to delete any data on your iPhone in advance.

Mar 30, 2014 7:19 PM in response to Allan Sampson

Thanks I think I understand what you are saying. I have been deleting photos one by one but not deleting enough I guess. Is there an easier way to delete photos off phone? Also I am trying to back up my Ipad and it isnt connected to my right Icloud acct. so you know how to get it changed to right Icloud? I ave purchased more storage and need all these to sync together. It is showing my pictures 3 and 4 times on computer everytime I connect it is duplicating pictures.

iPhone showing not enough storage available but I have everything going to iCloud, why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.