Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to setup Time Machine?

Okay, Long story short. I got a new harddrive for my macbook pro this week and I'm tring to set up the time machine for backups. When I go to click on the app, I turn the switch on and then I click on set up backup. Then I click on set up time capsule (set up time capsule thats not listed here) it loads and loads. Then it shows that there's "No configured airport stations."

So what do I do or need too do? As far as, setting up a backup. I need some help! Thanks.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 7:00 AM

5 replies

Mar 30, 2014 7:07 PM in response to alisonc894

Yes, if you don't have a Time Capsule, you have to buy an External drive (or a separate enclose and bare drive to place in it).

You can use a Desktop (3.5" form factor) Enclosure and Drive for this purpose, which gives you access to larger capacities. Try to get one about 2 to 3 times the size of the stuff you want to back up. USB-2 is cheap and good enough for backups (but not for production).

How to setup Time Machine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.