Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I find "old" apps for my Ipad 1st generation?

Hi,

I am buying an new iPad Air and gave my first generation iPad to my wife. It's still in very good condition. She uses it for her emails, some internet activities and reading the newpaper. I swiped the iPad clean and installed it again under her apple account. Now there is the problem. The app for reading the newspaper isn't working anymore. It requires IOS 6 and the iPad is limited to 5.1.1. Further updates for the iPad are not possible.

Why is it that the "older" apps are removed from the store? Is there a possibility to find the old version of the apps somewhere?

Thanks for your help.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 7:45 AM

3 replies

Mar 30, 2014 7:50 AM in response to peterfromecht

Some developers allow older compatible versions of their apps to be downloaded from the store (the app store is the only place to get apps for iOS devices) - it's the developer's decision as to whether it's possible for their apps.

If the developer does allow it then try downloading the current version of their app on your computer's iTunes so that the app is in your purchase history, and then on the iPad go to the Purchased tab in the App Store app and you should be able to download an older compatible version of it.

If the app is a paid-for app then you should check with the developer first to see if the above will work, rather than buying the current version and then finding that the developer doesn't support the above.

Where can I find "old" apps for my Ipad 1st generation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.