Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone couldn't be restored. An unknown error occured (14). How do i resolve this?

I was trying to update the latest IOS software when it prompted me that "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes".

When I select restore iPhone, it prompted me with "iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occured (14).

How do I resolve this?

iPhone 5, iOS 6, was trying to update latest IOS sof

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 8:41 AM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2014 10:43 AM in response to loyal iphone user

Hello, loyal iphone user.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Here are the steps that I would recommend when receiving error 14.

Check USB connections

Related errors: 13, 14, 1600-1629, 1643-1650, 2000-2009, 4000, 4005, 4013, 4014, 4016, “invalid response,” and being prompted to restore again after a restore completes.

If there’s an issue with the USB port, cable, dock, or hub, or if the device becomes disconnected during restore, try troubleshooting the USB connection, then troubleshooting your security software.

Resolve specific iTunes update and restore errors

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3694

Cheers,

Jason H.

my iphone couldn't be restored. An unknown error occured (14). How do i resolve this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.