You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a way to make an app stay on rather than have the screen dim and go dark

i am using an app while i bike and the screen keeps going dark. The app keeps running but i want to see the screen while i am biking. is there a way to prevent that?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 8:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 8:13 AM

Change Settings > General > Auto-Lock to a higher number or to Never.

4 replies

Mar 30, 2014 8:15 AM in response to drockowitz

Some applications also have a setting that overrieds Autolock. I know some of the running apps I do have such a feature. Check the settings for the app you're using.

Keep in mind that, whether you follow Jim's intructions or use a setting provided by the app, your battery will drain much more quickly if the screen stays on all of the time.

Best of luck.

is there a way to make an app stay on rather than have the screen dim and go dark

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.