Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removed Parallels 5; Is the partition really gone?

My Parallels 5/Windows XP was rendered unusable after upgrading to Mavericks. Since I don't use them any more, I figured I would just run "uninstall" off my Parallels 5 disk and then erase the "Windows Applications" folder off my hard drive.

I cannot tell if by uninstalling Parallels 5, whether or not the Parallels partition was also removed. It did not show in disk utility before OR after I ran uninstall. I want to be able to use that part of my hard disk again, without having to do an entire hard disk re-partition/format.

Is there anything else I should do that I have missed? Is there any other way of seeing if the old partition has in fact been removed when I uninstalled Parallels 5? There was a lot of bad stuff on that Windows partition, potential virus', spyware, etc. Is all that stuff gone now that I erased the Windows Applications folder off my iMac?

Thank you for any assistance you can give.

iMac, iOS 7.1, Parallels 5

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 7:52 AM

You should be able to see the Partitions in Disk Utility.

If you have 1 Partiton, and it's very close to the Total Capacity of the Drivem then you're ok

User uploaded file

5 replies

Removed Parallels 5; Is the partition really gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.