Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s with ios 7.1 is bypassing the lock screen

The lock screen on iPhone 4s' that use iOS7. can be bypassed by using Siri or by swiping up and using the tool's tab. If you ask Siri to do a task that is a movement onto any function of the phone you can click on the directional button and it till take you to that app on the phone. For example you can ask Siri to text someone on your phone. After the function comes up on the screen then you can click on messages and it will take you to the actual text messaging app. From there you can just click on the home button and it will take you to the home screen.

The other way my security can be bypassed is by swiping up on the screen when on the 4 digit security code. Once in the tools app the camera, calculator, or timer can be clicked on and will take you to that function. Once in that app you can click on the home button and it will take you around the lock scree.

Is this problem widespread, because iv seen this process be used on three other 4s'? I took a video of this occurring on an iPhone 4s with iOS 7.1. I'll post it soon on youtube. It will be the same title as this discussion tittle.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 8:45 AM

It sounds as if you may have a different time set on your Passcode lock than on your Autolock. If Autolock is set, for example, to "Immediate" but Passcode Lock is set for 15 minutes, during that 15 minute period, the phone will behave exactly as you're describing.

3 replies

iPhone 4s with ios 7.1 is bypassing the lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.