Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sign out of icloud - does it delete everything?

I want to sign out of icloud because I am trying to change my Apple ID email address. I have never signed out before. When I click sign out, a bunch of messages pop up regarding things I have synced through the icloud and asking me about deleting them.

For example: If you stop using iCloud for Calendars, calendars stored in iCloud will be deleted from this Mac.

What does this exactly mean? If I sign out, change my Apple ID email address, and then sign back in, will all my stuff still be there?

Thank you for your help.

MacBook Pro, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 8:59 AM

11 replies

Jan 8, 2017 7:05 PM in response to carguy131313

When you open you contacts

• Look for duplicates: Choose Card > Look for Duplicates.
  • Merge duplicate cards that are found: Select the cards you want to merge, then choose Card > Merge Selected Cards.

When you use several accounts in Contacts, you may end up with several cards for a contact—for example, one card from LinkedIn and one from Google. You can link the contact’s cards to streamline your list of contacts without merging the cards.

Oct 30, 2014 11:19 AM in response to randers4

Does anyone know, if you select "no" when it asks you if you want to delete contacts from the device, will it create duplicates when you sign back in? I remember back in the MobileMe days if you chose to keep a local copy and then signed back into MobileMe it would duplicate all of your contacts and have a group called "local" and one called "MobileMe" or something similar...

Edit: or does it give you the option to "Merge" the data?

Thanks

sign out of icloud - does it delete everything?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.