Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transport iPhoto from MacBook to MacBook Air?

My daughter bought a new MacBook Air, and an Apple Genius transferred all of her files from the old computer (MacBook running Leopard) to the new one, but when she opened iPhoto, the titles of the photos were there, but the photos themselves were blank. How can this be fixed? My son-in-law also has the same computer (the old computer was MacBook Pro), and I might get a MacBook Air, one day, too. We all would like to know what to do.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 11:06 AM

Try the following:

1 - launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down and rebuild the library's database.

User uploaded file

2 - Run Option #4, Rebuild Database, followed by Option #1 if needed.

OT

3 replies

Mar 30, 2014 12:20 PM in response to jennywren1420

If that does nto resolve things it is likely that the "Genius" was not and screwed up the transfer

Assuning that hou have the origial sill available do the tranfer again correctly - Connect the two Macs together (network, firewire target mode, etc) or use an external hard drive formatted Mac OS extended (journaled) and drag the iPhoto library intact as a single entity from the old Mac to the pictures folder of the new Mac - launch iPhoto on the new mac and it will open the library and convert it as needed and you will be ready move forward.

LN

Transport iPhoto from MacBook to MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.