Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i stop itunes changing manually typed in genres when playing a track?

hi,

for a long time, itunes has been changing genre information that i typed in manually when playing a track, example giving "soundtrack" to "Filmmusik" or "rock" to "Rock" (i prefer lower case letters). until upgrading to itunes 11, it was able to edit the localizable.strings file and set the predefined genres to lowercase and "Filmmusik" to "soundtrack" and so on. now i had to install itunes 11 to run my new ipod, and the localizable.strings file looks quite different. it doesn't seem to be the file now where the necessary updates have to be done.

therefore, first question is if anyone can tell me where i can find the predefined genres and update them? then i will have a workaround at least.

actually, i would prefer to stop itunes changing track information in any case. i've spend more than a year to import all my cd's and used lots of time to have reliable track informations. i don't want the software to change my data without me committing any change. also, even worse, itunes updates the aac-file itself as well. i used to use the last updated information as a criteria in intelligent playlists, but itunes makes it impossible to get the expected result with its unwanted updates.

so, any help will be aprreciated. in case it should matter, i have an imac with os x 10.6.8. the problem seems to occur only in itunes, when i play the tracks on my ipod, the information remains unchanged. and since i read about similar problems with songs from the itunes store - all my tracks are imported from cd manually.

regards,

andi

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 10:03 AM

There are no replies.

how can i stop itunes changing manually typed in genres when playing a track?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.