Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

--@mac.com address just came back!!

Long ago I had a --@mac.com email address, and that is what I have always kept as an AppleID. However, I eventually stopped paying for one of the versions of their online services, and lost my mac.com email address. With the transition to the free services, I got an icloud.com and me.com address, but the mac.com address never came back.

Now, lo and behold, I got an email to that address from a company I used to deal with. I sent one to the same mac.com address, and it went through and I received it! Which is puzzling because I don't have that account in Mail, nor do I have it listed as an alias for any account.

Did apple change something? Now that I am receiving emails at that address, how could I send them?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 11:10 AM

There are no replies.

--@mac.com address just came back!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.