Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro cannot boot and cannot format hard disc due to EFI problem

Hi all.

I have a Macbook pro late 2011 model and installed windows with bootcamp on it.

I am using it from months booting in the OS i need and got no problems.

Yesterday, i used my Mac in windows partition and when i tryed to boot back in Os X, i got a Appple logo screen with a loading bar and then the Mac shut down on itself (all this was in the booting screen).

Each time i try to Turn on my Mac it's the same : aplle logo with loading bar and when the loading bar gets full it turns off.

At this point i decided to format my mac with recovery and instead of see the three discs i ever seen (Mac Os X, Windows and Recovery) i only see EFI Boot and Recovery.

I selected Recovery and it booted in the Recovery program with no problems and the problems starts now.....

Cannot install Mavericks with Reinstall command and in Disc Utility i cannot format my Hard Disc.

If i do a Disc Check, it says that the partitions are all right but i cannot select "Machintosh HD nor Bootcamp on the left of the screen and cannot format anything.

I tryed then to Repair Disc, but it says that "Rapair of file system in real time isn't supported" (or something like that, i'm translating from my language to english).

If i go in "Partitions menu and try to remove the Bootcamp partition, it gets stuck on "Preparing partition remove".

I'm really going crazy ....

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 12:15 PM

There are no replies.

Macbook pro cannot boot and cannot format hard disc due to EFI problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.