Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 not working

My iPhone 5 was purchased last year in February, but recently has been very troublesome

For sometime now the power button on my iPhone has not been working, and yesterday switched off by itself. Since I cannot use the power button, I can't switch it on as well. I tried connecting it to my laptop in hopes of charging it and that it might switch on, but it didn't work. After about 3-4 hrs I connected it to my laptop again and it started to charge and then switched back on.

Today morning however, it has started acting weird again. I connected my phone to the laptop to back it up and my laptop would not charge or recognise my phone. Even charging it through the plug doesnot seem to work.

Any help?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 1:00 PM

3 replies

Mar 30, 2014 1:03 PM in response to HafsaMajid

You can try restoring the device, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808 however, if the sleep/wake and home button is not functioning, then you will not be able to do many of the normal functions of the phone, including the ability to reset it or place it into recovery mode. Suggest that you have the phone checked at the Genius Bar so you have a functioning button.

Iphone 5 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.