Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter Draining Battery?

I noticed that Safari was listed as an app using signinficant power, even when only one tab was open on google... I thought this was strange because I had never noticed this before, however, it was also the first time I had used the thunderbolt ethernet adapter. Could this be the root of the problem? I have had issiues with the adapter, and it was recommended by an apple tech to do a SMC. The adapter and computer were getting very warm, and I tried doing the SMC today and it SEEMS to be better. I am currently on wi-fi and Safari is no longer listed as an app using significant power.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 2:48 PM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2014 4:47 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

I am having a similar problem. When working on wifi I can run a whole day with power to spare on my MBA. Am at a different site today and using the Thunderbolt ethernet adapter and power is draining very rapidly. In my case Activity Monitor is showing IBM Notes as 21.87 Energy Impact but I don't think it's the application. I now have to go home to get my mains adapter.

Macbook Air 13" 1.4ghz 2014 model. OSX 10.9.3

Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter Draining Battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.