Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Imovie tell the date of a dv tapes creation

I have a hundred or so mini dv tapes, some that I stupidly didn't label. When I import them into imovie, will it know the date they were created?

Also I mistakenly imported 3 tapes in a row into the same event. Is it possible to split events. I'd like each tape to have it's own event

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 2:47 PM

10 replies

Apr 2, 2014 3:05 AM in response to jbaraga

Hi

So right. Just turning on Show Date/Time doesn't migrate over via FireWire to Your Mac.

I use the Analog out on my Camera (also a SONY) and an A/D-box to convert this to FireWire and Mac.

To get best possibly result I use FinalCut Pro

- Import one digital Copy (DV direct from FW)

- and one analog one - Which I put on Video track two (FinalCut) and then crop to only show the Date/Time stamp.

Better than so - I can not do.

Yours Bengt W

Apr 2, 2014 12:14 PM in response to Bengt Wärleby

In iMovie 09 and 11 (9.0.4) this is what I see.

For DV and HDV when I hover the mouse over a clip in the Event or Project I see the date and time (hh/mm/ss) that the video was recorded by the camcorder.

The time depends on the posision of the play head within the clip.

This information is used for the TITLE called DATE/ TIME.

If I import these clips from one Event into another Event this data is maintained.

If I import clips that were originally imported into iMovie HD 6 then when I hover the mouse over the clip in the Event or Project then the date and time is Preceded with the word 'Created" and the date and time is the date and time that it was imported into 09 or 11, not the recorded date.

Apr 22, 2014 1:39 AM in response to thesurreyfriends

I have just re-read an old item and need to correct an error of mine.

I wrote, above

If I import clips that were originally imported into iMovie HD 6 then when I hover the mouse over the clip in the Event or Project then the date and time is Preceded with the word 'Created" and the date and time is the date and time that it was imported into 09 or 11, not the recorded date.

It should have read;

If I import clips that were originally imported into iMovie HD 6 then when I hover the mouse over the clip in the Event or Project then the date and time is Preceded with the word 'Created" and the date and time is the date and time that it was imported into HD 6 , not the recorded date.

Can Imovie tell the date of a dv tapes creation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.