Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CAN'T "SIGN IN" TO OSX LION FOR COMPUTER RESET

I'm trying to reset my Macbook Pro to its factory settings. I have already erased the disk and all that is left is "reinstalling Lion"; (when I purchased this mac, however, it was with Leopard). Anyways, I need to sign in with an Apple ID that has purchased Lion, and I have apparently not "purchased" it with my apple ID. What do I do? There is no other option other than Mountain Lion and I don't know where to buy it / update it (for what should be free?) / or at least "sign in" to Leopard.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 3:10 PM

2 replies

Mar 30, 2014 9:25 PM in response to Yas78

Instead of reinstalling Lion per se, what you need to do is use OS X Recovery to restore OS X.

Instructions here > About OS X Recovery

Basically all you need to do is startup your Mac while holding down the Command + R keys. From there you should be able to accces the built in utilities to restore your Mac.

That will reinsstall Lion for you.

CAN'T "SIGN IN" TO OSX LION FOR COMPUTER RESET

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.