Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X 10.1 Missing Files

I have a series of instructional videos I'm working on and they all appear as MISSING FILES when I open the Library associated with each project, everything was working fine on friday, THIS is very strange- When I try to Relink the missing files nothing happens, ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED -

It's recognising the relative file paths to the Original Media folder in the Library - but when I try to reconnect I CANT BECAUSE THE .fcpbundle Library file wont let me access the Original media folder- please help or Im switching to FCP 7 or Avid

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 5:50 PM

3 replies

Mar 30, 2014 7:23 PM in response to FMGrande

Sorry about last post, the Files were appearing as MISSING PROXY (not MISSING FILES as stated) - which is still annoying - but it seems to me that FCP X doesn't like working with native H264, and hence has somehow rid itself of the link files in the library to the actual media (as I did not transcode on import)

As a workaround I have transcoded the H264 files using File>Transcode (Proxy) and this seems to be working

It would, however, be great to be able to edit the originals without transcoding... and not have to transcode at all.

In the meantime I will use the newly generated proxy's - export an xml > grade to original files in da vinci and round trip back to FCP X using ProResHQ and then export a MASTER file.

FCP X 10.1 Missing Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.