Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music files won't stop copying during iPhone sync

Every time I sync my iPhone to iTunes via USB, there are 3 particular songs from my music library that copy to the iPhone at the end of the sync, as if they were just added to my music library. I have about 1500 songs in my music library, but it only happens with these 3 songs. They all happen to be stored as m4a files, they all happen to be by the same artist, and they're all relatively long (30-120 minutes). It's annoying/inconvenient, because it makes the sync take longer than necessary. The songs play fine on iTunes and on my iPhone.

I just recently wiped my iPhone clean and re-synced my entire music library to the phone. That didn't fix the problem.

I'm using iTunes (64-bit) 11.1.5.5 under Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1.

This used to happen with the same iPhone being synced to a different PC (Windows XP) too. In that case, there was only 1 song instead of 3 that would exhibit the problem, though that particular song was one of the songs that exhibits the problem on my new PC.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1, 64 GB, charcoal grey

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 5:28 PM

There are no replies.

Music files won't stop copying during iPhone sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.