Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low Battery life of mid 2012 Macbook Air 11''

My macbook air has recently gotten an extremely low battery life. It is usually as low as 2 hours and this is while I am mostly just using word or internet, no movies or games. I have run iStat which shows me that my batter has gone through 430 cycles and it says that the battery is in "normal" condition. The fan is very often running at high speed which I suspect might be the cause of the problem, however since Im not using any especially energy draining applications I have a hard time understanding why the battery has deteriated at such a fast rate. What is the source of the problem and is there any easy fixes ?

MacBook Air, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 5:41 PM

Have you installed any anti-virus oft ware or cleaning programs or MacKeeper? Those programs draw a huge amount of power, slow systems down without any useful result.

3 replies

Mar 30, 2014 5:52 PM in response to Hamnstedt

The fan running a lot means ome thing is building a lot of heat...so what is loading the system?

You can tart to get some ideas by going to Finder, Applications, Utilities, Activity Monitor. See what is taking up a lot of CPU time, are here a lot of reads/writes to the storage, is he memory being filled o you use virtual memory.

Look in those areas while normal use is underway so you see what is actually loading the system.

Low Battery life of mid 2012 Macbook Air 11''

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.