Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem w/Late 2013 iMac and the wired Keyboard

There is an obvious problem with the Late 2013 imacs and using the wired keyboard. Apple seems to be in denial about it. First my imac would stop recignizing the wired keyboard after connecting a flash drive or ssd to it. i contacted apple genius who told me that the dives on the keyboard were not designed to connect hard drives to it. but i argued that even flash drives would kill it. when he tested it and agreed that there was a problem he sent me home with a new keyboard. when i got home, not only did the problem persist, but know even pluging in the mouse would cause the imac to not recignized it. the solution i was given by apple was to use a usb hub to connect the keyboard. suprisinglly that has worked but only for the mouse, i still can not us the usb on the keyboard for flash drives for anything else. on my old 2011 model the was NEVER a problem. I have read many post that others with Late 2013 imacs have the same issue. what need to happen for Apple to admit there is something that they did wrong and fix it.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 30, 2014 8:20 PM

There are no replies.

Problem w/Late 2013 iMac and the wired Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.