Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is ipad now talking to me?

Why does ipad now have a voice - saying everything that's on the screen.

Now it even reads aloud the password but sill not let me get past the password?

i'm locked out of ipad.

iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 12:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 12:28 AM

Sounds like you have VoiceOver (one of the accessibility features) 'on'. Try triple-clicking the home button and see if that turns it off, and if it does you can then change what a triple-click does via Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut (or Triple-Click Home depending upon the iOS version).

If that doesn't turn it off then you can either turn it off directly on the iPad (you need to use a tap-to-select and then double-tap to activate/type process and 3 fingered scrolling ; so to type a digit of your passcode tap the digit to select it and then double-tap it to type it) to go into Settings > General > Accessibility and turn VoiceOver 'off', or you can do it by connecting to your computer's iTunes (after typing in your passcode via the tap/double-tap process) : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4064

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2014 12:28 AM in response to Ctomrunn2

Sounds like you have VoiceOver (one of the accessibility features) 'on'. Try triple-clicking the home button and see if that turns it off, and if it does you can then change what a triple-click does via Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut (or Triple-Click Home depending upon the iOS version).

If that doesn't turn it off then you can either turn it off directly on the iPad (you need to use a tap-to-select and then double-tap to activate/type process and 3 fingered scrolling ; so to type a digit of your passcode tap the digit to select it and then double-tap it to type it) to go into Settings > General > Accessibility and turn VoiceOver 'off', or you can do it by connecting to your computer's iTunes (after typing in your passcode via the tap/double-tap process) : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4064

why is ipad now talking to me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.