Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't import AVCHD in to FCP X...

Hi,

I have FCP X 10.1.1 and I have on my disk backuped AVCHD movies. It's a complete copy of a disk on which they was recorded (complete PRIVATE folder with everything). QT see it and I can play it there, but when I'm trying to import it to the FCP X, I have it grayed ...

I try everything but no change. I can't use import from archve, while is greyed too.

Has anybody any help what can I do to import it to FCP X directly without any transcode or rewraping it?

Thanks.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 12:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 2:32 AM

FCP X can now import MTS files so open the folder to display them and try importing the MTS directly.

7 replies

Mar 31, 2014 3:55 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

thanks, but I don't know why I can't import it complete like AVCHD, like before? When I import it like AVCHD I see all clips ( longer over more files too) and all metadata. When I import MTS files directly, there are problems with scene which is over more files, but when Import it like AVCHD every thing is OK.

Is there any help for this too? I don't understand why QT see it corectly and can play it and FCP X can't see it and play it ...

Mar 31, 2014 4:10 AM in response to Alfista_SK

You may well be doing something wrong, but unless you give a detailed explanation of exactly what you are trying to import and how, we cannot tell.

Just in case it's a problem with FCP X try these general troubleshooting tips:-

Use this free app to trash the preferences. This should be the first thing you try when any problems occur.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

2. Open Disk Utility and Repair Permissions.

3. Trash FCP X using this free app and reinstall it.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcsremover/

If these 3 measures don't work, create a new User Account (Admin) in System Preferences and try running FCP X from that as it sometimes works miracles.

Mar 31, 2014 4:24 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

It's a fully new - clear install of FCP X on new MacPro in account Admin. But I have these problems longer. Can it be that the FCP X don't regognize some cameras with this format?

Yes I copied the whole disk (or SD card) where the camera recorded data, that I have the data in computer. I make it always so. It's something like make Archive in FCP X, but I make it manualy.

Apr 1, 2014 2:20 AM in response to Alfista_SK

As Ian says, the latest FCPX can import directly - even if the directory structure is corrupted. This is a massive boon to me, as some SDCards which caused FCE to crash are now natively importable. If this fails, then I'd advise using ffmpeg with the -vcodec=copy parameter to wrap as .mov.

eg.

ffmpeg -i 00001.MTS -vcodec=copy 00001.MOV

PS - Just re-read and worked out that this is not an answer to your question!

Can't import AVCHD in to FCP X...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.